COVID-19 Response Funds
As the world grapples with COVID-19, Duke stands at the forefront of the battle to defeat this pandemic and prevent the next one. Your support fuels our scientists and caregivers as they work around the clock to turn back the tide of COVID-19, care for those affected, and thwart future outbreaks. Join us as we rise to meet one of the greatest public health challenges of our time.
You can designate your gift to any one or more of three areas:
Area of Greatest Need
The ability to respond swiftly to needs as they arise is critical to Duke’s response to this crisis. Your gift to support the area of greatest need will help us:
- Fill critical gaps and bolster key areas where an infusion of resources will make the biggest difference.
- Adapt as conditions and available resources change over time.
- Pivot rapidly to overcome unforeseen challenges and pursue promising opportunities.
Every day, our courageous and compassionate doctors, nurses, and staff are caring for those most directly affected by this terrible disease. Your gift to support patients and our care teams will help us:
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep our teams safe and mitigate community spread. If you’re interested in donating N95 masks, surgical and looped masks, sealed or unopened boxes of gloves, and/or eye protection such as face shields, please email PPEdonations@duke.edu.
- Acquire additional stocks of vital equipment such as ventilators to help the most seriously ill patients.
- Respond quickly to heightened and changing staffing demands.
- Expand our testing capabilities and operate drive-through screening clinics.
- To make a non-equipment gift-in-kind, such as catered meals, gift cards, or similar to support the well-being of our staff, please complete the Duke Health - COVID-19 related Gifts Form.
Duke researchers are racing to discover the virus’s secrets, develop techniques to stop it, and protect the world from the next viral threat. Your gift to support research will help us:
- Leverage the infrastructure, expertise, and technology in the Duke Human Vaccine Institute and other units to conduct research aimed at developing countermeasures and vaccines.
- Partner with other academic research centers to develop strategies to contain or prevent future outbreaks.
- Acquire essential equipment and personnel, conduct clinical trials, and enable our scientists to pursue the most promising avenues of investigation.
Thank you for supporting Duke Health’s patients, caregivers, and researchers during this health crisis.